Introducing the Kenwood NX-3220-NX3200 VHF/UHF digital transceiver multi-protocol digital and analog portable radio.
This versatile handheld radio supports both NXDN and DMR digital protocols as well as mixed digital & FM analog operation, enabling it to serve with distinction in a wide range of enterprise- and operation-critical applications. Compact yet designed with durability in mind, it’s packed with convenient features like Bluetooth® for hands-free operation and built-in GPS. Three different models are available: Full Keypad model with LCD, Standard Keypad model with LCD and a large 4-way D-pad, and the Basic Model without LCD or keypad. Additionally, for expansion capability a software license certification system facilitates extensive customization.
- NXDN: A desired CAI can be selected at will – whether you are intent on going fully digital, undecided about which digital system to pick, or just wanting to maintain both digital and analog for a while. The NXDN air interface can fit into the very narrow 6.25 kHz bandwidth using FDMA technology. Ensuring spectrum efficiency, wide coverage and virtually unlimited scalability, it provides for nationwide expansion: Type-C Trunking Gen2 offers enhanced features, flexibility and performance, linking up to 1,000 sites or 24 networks.
- DMR: For simple conventional communications, making use of existing infrastructure, DMR is an excellent, cost-effective solution. Being energy-efficient, it offers longer battery life. And thanks to 2-slot TDMA, it is possible to obtain 2 talk paths within an analog 12.5 kHz bandwidth, thus doubling the capacity. The NX-5000 Series supports Tier II conventional mode.
Kenwood NX-3220/NX-3200 Features
Two configurations to choose from
Choose between two portable configurations – one without a numeric keypad and the other with numeric keypad (16-key model). Both styles feature the 4-way Directional-pad (D-pad) and 2-position lever switch.
7-color Light Bar Indicator on the top
Individual color can be set for each channel. The light bar is big enough to easily identify which channel the user is on.
Full Dot LCD & Backlit Color In White
Full-color, 1.74-inch color LCD Full Dots Matrix (168(W) x 65（H)dots, Monochrome) can display 4-Line Basic Frame and 5-Line Text Message Frame.
Active Noise Reduction (ANR) for suppressing ambient noise
KENWOOD’s advanced ANR technology performs complicated noise reduction, which normally requires two microphones for processing, using single microphone.
MIL-STD Environmental and Ingress Protection Standards
As a result, the portable radios complying with IP67* immersion standards offer max. 30 minutes protection at a depth of 1 meter, while the mobile radios comply with IP54/55 dust/water ingress protection standards. *Radio must equip 2PIN accessory cover.
Tough and Robust
Stringent test to develop tough radio withstanding harsh operational conditions.
Hands-free operation is vital for many NX-3000 users. The radios’ built-in Bluetooth® module is compatible with Headset and Serial Port Profiles (ver. 3.0) and keeps your hands free.
GPS To Transmit Your Position
Featuring an integrated GPS module and antenna, NX-3000 portable radios can transmit positional data, enabling effective management when used with tracking applications like KAS-20 software. Mobile models can support GPS with the optional KRA-40G.
Secure communications are an essential requirement, especially for public safety applications. NX-3000 radios are equipped with 56-bit key Data Encryption Standard (DES) encryption. For even higher protection the radios can support 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption with optional module.
Sensors For User Safety
Man-down Detection, Stationary Detection, or Motion Detection will be automatically engaged when the embedded acceleration and tilt sensors detect unusual behavior. Lone Worker function automatically places the radio in Emergency Mode if it is not operated for a certain period of time. The bright orange Emergency Button is located at the top (portables) or front (mobiles) of the radio for high visibility and instant access when needed.
Kenwood NX-3220/NX-3320 Additional Features
- Multi-protocol digital radio: Designed to operate under an NXDN or DMR digital, and FM analog protocols
- NXDN Conventional and Type-C & Gen2 Trunking
- DMR Tier II & Site Roaming
- Mixed Digital & FM Analog Operation allows gradual migration at your own pace
- 1 Watt Audio Output Power
- UHF: 120 MHz capability
- 260 CH/128 Zones (64 CH/4 Zones for Basic model)
- Maximum of 1,000 CH/Radio with option
- Intrinsically Safe Option (Available later)
- Paging Call
- Emergency Call
- Status/Text Message
- Remote Stun/Kill/Check